Hello there, I’m Tiffany. My adventurous husband and I have been married for almost 23 years. I am mom to two kids, plus one that I did not give the gift of life to, but life gave me the gift of her. Our oldest daughter, Sarah, is married and has added little grandbaby birds to our nest. My first born and precious daughter, Brittni, is packing up in two weeks to start her sophomore year at the University of Arizona. Our youngest, my baby boy Mikey, will begin his Senior year of high school two days later. These are monumental times! So I have started this blog as a creative outlet and source of communication to cover anything we parents experience before and after our empty nest.
I was originally interested in blogging 5 years ago, but life got in the way and I dropped the ball. Please be patient with me as I get this flight started. Numerous times in our lives my husband and I have been asked what we did while raising our kids, what were our parenting strategies and so on. Perhaps people are impressed by our kids. I must say we are very proud of them. I am not here to tell you that our way is the right way. I want to help others in any way possible during the entire journey of raising a family and beyond. I hope we can share many experiences and emotions together. Lord knows there are plenty of them for the almost empty nesters as well as those who have years to go and don’t even want to think about it. Trust me, you blink and it sneaks up on you faster than you imagine.
In my free time my favorite thing to do is hangout with my family. My husband and I have a business that we run. Between the business, keeping up with our girls and attending our son’s sports events we are always busy. Our plan is to retire from our business shortly after our youngest heads off to college and live a semi retired life downsizing, living off the grid, visiting our kids and taking many adventures traveling.
Here’s a few odd things about me…perhaps we may have something in common:
- I was born and mostly raised in Idaho, but graduated high school in Connecticut. My dad had a better job opportunity my Junior year of high school so we moved across the entire country! That was rough, but the best thing for me in retrospect. I became a huge New England Patriots fan thanks to this move. Go Pats! We currently live in Arizona in one of the hottest cities in the U.S.
- My babies were little chunks of love! Both of them weighing well over 9 pounds! They were the cutest little munchkins. This is baby Brittni and Baby Mikey-
- I suffered from Trigeminal Neuralgia (or TN), a crazy and painful facial nerve issue that is somewhat mysterious to doctors. I ultimately opted for a surgical treatment that required cutting out a piece of my skull and entering the brain stem. Brain surgery!
- I am the oldest of five siblings. We also had numerous foster sibs while growing up. Talk about a busy nest!
- German Shepherds are my favorite breed of dog. We have had four of these furry critters. However, Goldendoodles are really peeking my interest these days. Meet our Maxina-
- I enjoy fitness. Morning routines around our house include workouts and protein shakes. I could out bench boys in my high school weight training class.
- My favorite band of all time is Bon Jovi. Went to many of their concerts in my day. Even have a birthday card signed by Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora. If you hop in my car you will find “Hair Nation” on my XM Radio. However, Country music is really growing on me too.
- I have a quirky thing with numbers. Hubby thinks I’m silly. My favorite numbers are 7 and 11. I will find any way possible that things in my life add up to either of these numbers or combination of the two. I also enjoy Friday the 13ths. I didn’t always feel this way. That all changed when my first date with the hubs was on Friday, the 13th and his birthday is on the 13th day of the month. I now see it as a lucky day!
- My first car was an AMC Matador……ew! This car was so ugly, but it got me around until I was able to buy my beloved Camaro.
- My little family calls me “Big Mama” which I absolutely adore! They gave me this hat a few years ago.
- For lucky number 11, my last but not least, fact about me….I love God. Faith and prayer get me through many of life’s ups and downs.